Wednesday, October 29, 2008

O-M-G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH-MY-GOSH!!!!! I absolutely-positively cannot believe I am FINALLY telling you this, but WE RECEIVED OUR PRELIMINARY TRAVEL APPROVAL FROM USCIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have waited so long to tell you that, I can't even believe I am saying those words!!! I was so deflated yesterday and have been so sad that we were going to miss being with Kai on her first birthday. I was having a hard time thinking about anything but her in the last couple of days, and I have been poring over all the documentation and wondering what our next step would be if we didn't get approved.

Then - - - about 20 minutes ago - - - I get up to do one of my usual overnight e-mail inbox checks, and there it was!!!!! I didn't even pull it up, I just read the subject line: I-600 preliminary approval, and went running into the bedroom to tell Shawn!! We laughed, hugged and cried - - - I feel like the 1,000 pound gorilla just jumped off my shoulders!!!

GOD IS SO SUPER-GOOD!!! I prayed yesterday for strength to get through this, for understanding and acceptance for His timing, and for peace that Kai is being taken cared for and getting the nourishment and attention she needs.......God gave me all of that and MORE!!!

I can't imagine going back to sleep tonight, there are 8,000 things I want to do to get ready to go! I don't know exactly when we'll travel yet, but it should be within a week.....I will update the blog as we know more!!!!!! Thanks to EVERYONE who prayed, who thought of us, who lifted us up to God in the last 10 months. We have appreciated so much the outpouring of your love and prayers. I don't know why it's taken so long, but God had a plan - He still does - and He always will!!

My friend Jessica brought me some of her should-be-world-famous cookie dough yesterday with a sweet note of encouragement. We call it "crack dough" because it is SOO yummy and hard to stop eating......could it be that it's "lucky dough", too??????? Thanks, Jess!! Love ya!!

17 comments:

lala said...

I AM SO HAPPY FOR Y'ALL!!!! I have become addicted to checking for your good news! PRAISE GOD--HE IS SOOOO GOOD AND DOES TAKE CARE OF US! May God bless you and Shawn as you travel, and may God bring you home with your precious baby girl safe and sound! Your journey is about to begin!!!! Yeah!!!!!
Laura Leigh

SueCQ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I couldn't be happier for you! Prayers coming your way for speedy travel!!

Anonymous said...

So, So, So, So happy for you!!!!!! God is so good all of the time!!! Can't wait for you to hold that sweet baby girl in your arms...all this waiting will be worth it!!! Praying for a safe and fast travel!!!! Wow...I have tears in my eyes!!!!

Mandy said...

I know you just can't get there fast enough! I am so excited to hear such great news! Mandy Bowman

jlindsey said...

it was inevitable!! super happy for your family!

Julie said...

I just recently discovered your blog, and I'm currently waiting for a determination on my RFE response. I am so happy for you! Seeing your news gives me hope as I wait. CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hiking Mama said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so very happy for you.

nessa said...

Congratulations!! We are walking on air for you!!! God bless with you planning, travel and new life!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am "Cloud 9" so I cannot imagine what cloud you are on! Happy! Happy! Happy Day! Cannot wait to meet Lilly's newest & cutest playmate! Let me know how I can help you... I've been in your shoes! Love you! A.J.

Paige said...

Wendy, I could not be happier for you guys. I am very excited to finally meet sweet Kai and I know that she is going to bring so much to your family. Prayers do get answered! YEA!!

Eric said...

Congratulations Wendy. I am so happy for you!

Seniye

Melissa Ward said...

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! I know you're over the moon and back with excitement. I can't wait to hear the good news that you are on your way to the other side of the world to fianlly get to hold your sweet baby!

Melissa

Kerri said...

OVERJOYED for your family!!!! Can't wait to meet her!

M and M Nichols said...

Go get that sweet baby girl! Gods speed, safe travels!!!

Kelli said...

Just found your blog- and what a perfect time to find it! Congratulations! I have several blog friends waiting for the RFE determinations and I hope this gives them the strength to keep going. I am so happy for you!

Kelly said...

I couldn't be more excited for you! After seeing you at the game a few weeks ago, I could feel the strain, but I was so impressed with the strength you showed! You have and will continue to be in our prayers. I can't wait to meet your little sweetheart! How excited is Austin?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Wendy, I cried as soon as I saw your blog title. I'm still dabbing the happy tears, with a big grin on my face. PRAISE GOD you are going to get your baby girl!!! I'm thrilled for you beyond words. You have been a pillar of strength, patience, and encouragement to others throughout this whole difficult process and your turn has finally come. Happy travel planning, my friend!!