Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I will not allow frustration to take over!

At 3:30 a.m., we received what we believe to be an "auto-response" from the Embassy in Vietnam. It states that they cannot accept paperwork and requests via e-mail (you may note that this is a complete reversal from before we they would ONLY communicate via e-mail) and that they will notify us when they are in receipt of our RFE documentation. It's been 8 days since it was sent to them - from Vietnam, to Vietnam.

After a long conversation with our agency, I was extremely discouraged and disappointed to know that our only recourse at this point is to wait. A good rash of tears ensued; luckily no one was home at the time to have to listen to it other than the pets.

However, I have been attending a women's Bible study every Wednesday for a month, and it's funny how God puts things in front of you just when you need them. We meet for small groups then come together for a lecture by a fantastic speaker (who herself is battling cancer). The topic for the last two weeks has been angels and demons. One of the things she said today was particularly relevant to me when she talked about how Satan puts discouragement and doubt in our minds to keep us from a close relationship to God. I can see how that has been happening to me lately through this adoption process, but I will not allow it to continue! This has been God's journey all along, and if I am anxious it shows my lack of faith. I DO trust and I DO have faith that God will allow us to bring home our daughter, and nothing will take that away from us! I don't know the timing, but I will remain steadfast and hold to the fact that it will happen - and I will do it without frustration, without despair!

I can't wait to share the good news with you all very soon!!

2 comments:

SueCQ said...

Wendy;
Good for you!! I've been through the very same thought process over the past 6-8 weeks! And it's so true! Expect that as you rely on your faith more, and thumb your nose at Satan, he'll throw even more discouragement your way! Stay strong! Keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you cried and had no one home with you. If I'm going to shed tears, I want to share them people:).

Faith ebbs and flows through tough times, but I think it's how our faith grows. I imagine it's like building a muscle. You have to work it and it gets torn up in the process, but in the end it gets bigger. In any case, I'm glad you're feeling strong and faithful. God will see us through bringing our kiddos home and beyond.