Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's Monday morning in Vietnam....

....and in between refreshing my inbox page every 5 minutes or so, I'm poring over any and every blogsite I can find about other RFE cases. Maybe it wasn't a good idea since I found a few that were extremely discouraging!

It looks like most responses to RFEs include a rebuttal (9 pages in the case of one family I found!). Since our response was the additional documentation only - - and CIS has never asked for a rebuttal - - - I'm not feeling very good about getting approval. It sounds like we missed an opportunity to plead our case, but how could we have known??

I am 100% prepared to hire an international adoption attorney if we don't get our approval. The cost is definitely a deterrent, but what choice do we have?? We can't keep playing this cat and mouse game back and forth with CIS, and maybe that will be what it takes to get it done. I just don't know....feeling a little deflated today.....

2 comments:

Carl and Stephanie said...

Hang in there. I understand EXACTLY how you feel because as you know I've been there done that. Email me anytime you need to talk.
steph@tellurian.net
Sometimes my good mail goes into SPAM so if you do email just drop me a line on my blog letting me know so I can catch it if it does.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that all USCIS offices were closed Monday the 13th for Columbus day :(