Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Strep and Stress - - -

Well, I knew it was coming....just about everyone I know has had at least one sick child in the last few weeks, so it was just our turn, I guess! Austin came home from school yesterday feeling lousy, and I didn't want to wait to see if it would get better on its own. I took him to the doctor first thing this morning. He has strep throat, so we are homebound for two days. Ugh. The doctor visit was horrible since Austin knew exactly what the swab was for, and he didn't want any part of that! I literally had to hold him down while he screamed so they could get it done. AND his temperature was 103.6!! I have GOT to get a decent thermometer that gives consistent readings (we have 3 different kinds and none work well!). I knew he had a fever just based on how warm his skin was, but it scares me for it to get that high. They gave him Motrin while we were there and it's much better now.

AND - - - - the only e-mail I have gotten regarding the adoption was one from our agency saying they are still waiting. BIG UGH!! I'm trying SOOO hard not to let it stress me out, but today the stress is winning. They said it may still come today, but since it's nearly 2 p.m., I'm not feeling very hopeful.

No comments: