Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bon jour...

...From Paris!! We are at the Charles de Galle airport awaiting our return flight home. It has been an amazing trip, and I will write more at length later (and add some pictures of this BEAUTIFUL city!). We celebrated our 7th anniversary having dinner at a wonderful restaurant overlooking the Eiffel Tower!

But for now, I wanted to let you know what is happening in adoption-world: The Justice Office in Vietnam called our agency's in-country facilitator on the 15th and asked her to come pick up the documents the following day (which is basically now - it's 3:30 p.m. in Vietnam). SOOO.....because it's only 4:30 a.m. at home, our agency rep hasn't begun her work day yet, so we won't know what has transpired until we get off the flight later today. And the documents will have to be translated before we see them, but I asked our agency not to wait until all of that is done to contact us. I am much more interested in content than seeing the actual documents.

I'm so full of anticipation I can't stand it! Nervous, excited, anxious, eager and HOPEFUL!! I just pray, pray, pray that it will be enough to end this craziness!! Kai is 10 1/2 months old, and I can't believe how close we're getting to her first birthday. It just breaks my heart not to have her with us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear the news....

M and M Nichols said...

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I hope the news you've been waiting so faithfully for is on it's way.

While I'm here, I'd like to wish you a happy anniversary and tell you I green with envy at your current location :). Enjoy the rest of your trip!