Monday, September 29, 2008

Back to the Waiting Game

I want to thank EVERYONE who has sent the Senator letters! We were blown away at the huge response, and we just hope and pray that it helps expedite the review of our case.

I e-mailed the Embassy just to ask them to acknowledge receipt of the documentation, and - of course - got no response (!!). Senator Chambliss' office did an inquiry this morning, so maybe they'll have better luck than I did.

Also, our police clearance letters had expired in August. I had been thinking it wasn't a big deal because we just get them locally. However, I had forgotten that they also have to be county-certified, state-certified, and authenticated by the Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco! YIKES!! If we were to get travel approval this week, we'll be pushing it to get these back in time! And Shawn is out of town, so that further complicates things.....I'm working on it, though! Hopefully they will be on their way to the state level by this afternoon.

Our medical letters expire 10/28, so let's just keep our fingers crossed that we are back home by then!

Just keep praying!!

1 comment:

Kerri said...

I hope those letters help, and you guys are on your way ASAP!