Monday, September 8, 2008

Anticipation....it's keeping me waiting!

Yeah, I know, another reference to song lyrics - - - this time it's the legendary Carly Simon who sings the words of my heart!

This could be a big week in the adoption process, and I ask you all to keep us in your prayers. The Vietnamese officials have promised the documentation by September 15th, which is our Sunday night, so we may know exactly what they have this week. Of course, we have no way of knowing if it will be sufficient for the USCIS to grant us the I-600 approval we so desperately need - - - or how quickly they will review it. I've heard horror stories from other families who received RFEs like us - - they provided the additional evidence then the USCIS has taken months to make a ruling! I pray, pray, pray that this doesn't happen in our case. I've even been praying for the USCIS and Mary Ann Russell specifically - - - if anyone needs God's help, it's them!

I am a little nervous about going to Paris, just because it's such a pivotal time, but we will have e-mail access and will be available to be reached if/when our agency has the documentation to pass along.

Thanks again to everyone for all your love and support - - - Let's GET KAI HOME!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be PRAYING!!!!! Have fun in Paris and enjoy this time!!

M and M Nichols said...

You all are in my thoughts constantly! I am using your CIS timelines to help gauge our own! Have a wonderful time in Paris, it is such a great city!!