Friday, September 26, 2008

Feeling better all around...and it's FRIDAY!

Austin is (finally!) better after being out of school for three days. Thank goodness!! It's been a looonnnnggg week.....About the only good that comes out of having a sick child is lots of snuggling time! I didn't mind that part at all!

We are feeling better, too, about the additional paperwork that was submitted to CIS this week. I went over it all with a fine-tooth comb with our agency yesterday, and it appears that it may - in fact - address the discrepancy in the original paperwork (!!!). It's embedded in one of the summary reports that their Department of Justice prepared for the People's Committee, so I forwarded just that summary to the CIS with an e-mail pointing out the explanation and requesting a response.

I decided against posting the senators' letters on this blogsite (too much personal info), but if I know you personally, you will be getting an e-mail from me asking you to sign and send the letters. I hope you will consider doing so. We do NOT want the process to go stagnate at this point, and we feel like the CIS should do an immediate review of the case and make a determination. It has been 157 days since they acknowledged receipt of our I-600!!!

Kai will be 11 months old on Tuesday.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl... I'll sign & send that letter... no 100 letters in a heartbeat! Let me know if I can help! We want KAI HOME NOW... no yesterday!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, Wendy. 157 days is UNBELIEVABLE. I knew you'd been waiting, but I had no idea it had been that long. I'll be praying that the explanation is the one they're looking for and that the letters do their job. And of course, I'll pray that you have some peace while you wait.

Paige said...

Wow, 11 months old already!?! Why is she not with her family? I know you guys just love her death already. I hope and pray that she will come home soon. Austin needs to get in some big brother time with her.