Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Disappointment abounds

I have read and re-read every document that we received today at least 10 times. I've studied them, written timelines, cross-referenced contradictions, and added confirmations, and I still don't know what to make of it! I honestly don't know if it will help our case or not, but I feel pretty certain that it won't be sufficient to adjudicate our I-600. It clearly doesn't provide a reasonable explanation of why the hospital discharge report contradicts the mid-wife's report. There's lots of mumbo-jumbo that dances around the topic and gives scenarios surrounding the events, but it does not provide a direct explanation and neither side has recanted their story.

Let me share with you an excerpt from one of the reports, just to give you an idea: "...I was called by Manager of General Planning...I came to the department and met a foreigner with his interpreter there (CIS agents). Mr. YY gave me the Hospital Checking Out Document of Patient XX (the birthmother) for me to check and I found the mistake in difference in the year in that document. Then I said to Mr. YY that the working time was finished and I left the department to go back home." Uhhhh....okay....yeah, we KNOW that 10/31/08 hasn't happened yet, so the year is wrong. Duh. But can someone PUH-LEEZE look at the REAL discrepancy, and that is why is there a Hospital Checking Out Document in the first place if SHE NEVER FORMALLY CHECKED OUT?!?!?!? All the other documents say (and these are direct quotes) "she left", "she disappeared", "she gave birth, ran away, and left her baby in the hospital", "she escaped from the hospital", "no one came to receive the baby", etc.

We can only hope that the CIS might get as worn-out and exasperated as we did reading all of this, and maybe they will just say "okay, okay....just don't make me read any more, and we'll approve your I-600! You can leave tomorrow!".....Well, one can dream, can't they?

I asked the agency to call me to discuss it, which they did, but apparently at the exact time I left the house for 2 minutes to go to the mailbox! I didn't even realize I had missed the call until it was 5:30 p.m./too late to call them back.

I am beyond frustrated but not beyond hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's all so frustrating, isn't it? Hope is always good and it really does manage to spring eternal even during the darkest times. I pray whoever reads these new documents hasn't had his morning coffee yet and stamps a big red 'APPROVED' across the front of your file.