Sunday, July 20, 2008

Working Day #60!

As of 9:00 p.m. tonight it is WORKING day #60 - the maximum amount of time alloted to process and approve our I-600, according to the U.S. Citizens & Immigration Services (USCIS). The end of last week was a confusing and frustrating one. I won't go into all the gory details here, but to summarize the Senator's office received an e-mail from USCIS saying they were in Kai's province Thursday to investigate our case (part of the standard procedure - but why did it take 3 months to do it?!?) and that officials were not being "very forthcoming". Our agency says they have heard this excuse before. I don't know what or who to believe, but I do tend to think the agency has dealt with similar situations so they should know.

Even more frustrating than that is the fact that we will have to be re-fingerprinted and will have to get new travel visas if we don't get I-600 approval THIS WEEK! AND since we have to get together all kinds of paperwork to re-do the prints, we have to start that process since we can't assume the approval will come this week. The fingerprints expire 8/23 and must be valid when we receive Kai's travel visa, which is one of the last things that will happen when we are in Vietnam. AND if the approval doesn't come early in the week, we are going to miss Austin's first day of kindergarten, which will break my heart. AND Shawn is waiting to have back surgery to fix a herniated disk, but can't do it until we return.....in the meantime he is in constant pain.

WHEW!! I'm tired of posting all the bad stuff, and I bet ya'll are tired of hearing it! I promise this is it....I will only post positive things from here on out....HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!

2 comments:

The Gregs said...

Thank you for your kind words. I am thinking of your family, too, now. I hope our approvals will come soon.

Kerri said...

I don't think ANYONE is tired of hearing about it - I can only imagine how frustrating this is for your family! Plus - when you tell us, that prevents one more 'have you heard anything?' to you guys!