Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day #70!!!!!!!!!

Kai turned 8 months old yesterday, and it was a really tough day for me. I even started tearing up in my Body Flow class at the gym when the Macy Gray song, "I'm so glad you're here" was played!! Anyone who knows me knows I'm not the kind of person who wears their heart on their sleeve, but I am just so upset that we STILL haven't heard anything!!! I promise not to turn this into a rant, but AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A BIG thanks to everyone who called to check on me.....I'm doing okay - - - really, I'm fine - - - - seriously, good - - - fine, just fine - - - - :)

Yesterday's highlight was meeting a new friend here in town who has very recently adopted a sweet little girl from China. They have only been back 3 weeks, and the little girl is 10 months old - - - 2 months older than Kai. She was SO precious, and I got to hold her and play with her...TOO fun!! A big shout-out to my new friend, Amy!! I look forward to getting our girls together for a playdate when Kai is home!!

We are just hanging out....passing time....hitting the gym and the pool with regularity. I even woke up yesterday and thought "I know! I'll start a new project and then we'll hear something for sure - - - - right in the middle of it!" So Austin and I headed to Home Depot for paint and supplies (BTW - - found a new painter's tape that actually works; it's called Frog Tape) to repaint the master bathroom. Even though our house is only 5 years old, our bathroom walls have just been abused between water splatters, hair spray (me!), and spray gel (Shawn!). And Austin had been spraying air freshener on the walls of the "pooper room" (he didn't realize that you only need to spray it into the air!!). It does leave a stain, people, so do NOT try this at home!

The good and bad news is that we finished it last night!! I really like the new shade; it's much warmer and browner, and it goes great with the seashells/beach theme I've got going on in there.

I guess I am going to have to finish working on my scrapbooks after all, which I have been avoiding doing.....Austin has a playdate this morning, so I guess that's what I shall do! Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

M and M Nichols said...

I will follow your blog and await your date as that will be an indicator of how long our I-600 process will take. We are in the home stretch!!!