Thursday, July 17, 2008

Will it ever end??

Today is calendar day 85 and working day 58 (if I've calculated the VN holidays correctly). STILL nothing from USCIS and no response from the inquiry done by our Senator's office. You would think I would be used to it by now, but today I'm not handling it very well.

I received the most shocking bit of news from our agency yesterday: apparently there is no discernible logic to the order in which they process the I-600s!! A family that received acknowledgment of receipt a month AFTER us has already traveled and is back home with their child! And four other families that received acknowledgment on 4/9 are in Vietnam right now. Ours came on 4/23. And they have even seen cases that were approved in 2 weeks! WHHAA???

Where is the accountability on the part of the USCIS??? They have never explained to anyone what their procedures are for processing cases.....my question is WHY??? I am SOOOOO angry (and I am not the type of person who is quick to anger) and to say I am frustrated is a vast understatement. We have done all we know to do. If we don't get an approval overnight tonight, then Monday will be our working day 60. If it goes beyond that, I WILL be ballistic!!

I have even dreaded checking my e-mails overnight and each morning - - - - so far it has been a fruitless search - - - - - and the disappointment each time is overwhelming.

Will it ever end???? I know in my head that it will, but my heart is feeling like we will never get Kai home!!

No comments: