Saturday, November 1, 2008

Leavin' on an airplane....


....in about 34 hours from now!! I'm still not sure it's completely sunk in. I keep having all these thoughts about the actual moment when we will see her face and hold her in our arms - the reality of that - but it still just seems like a dream, a hope, a prayer....

Today is final laundry and putting-it-all-in-a-suitcase day, and I can't wait!! All the orphanage and nanny gifts are ready, the paperwork has all been copied and is ready to take with us, so we just need to pack our clothes and toiletries. I am most excited to pack Kai's cute little girly stuff! I can't wait to see her in a dress!! I just hope it's all going to fit in our luggage and not go over the weight limits!! :)

We had a fun time last night at our trick-or-treating hayride (thanks, T & S!!!)! This has become a tradition of ours that is as fun for the adults as it is for the kids. Austin was a Hot Wheels Racer, and he looked so cool!

I will try to post again tomorrow - - - I thought our flight left mid-day tomorrow, but we actually have until later in the afternoon. I will be SOO ready to go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember the ride to the orphanage to meet our Gracie for the first time...I remember walking around the corner and seeing her face for the first time and I remember holding her in my arms for the first time--yet it all STILL seems so surreal! You'll say to yourself, "I have dreamed of this moment for so long and I just can't believe it is finally happening!!" I am so thrilled for you and can't wait to follow your journey while you are there! If you need anything while you are there...suggestions, advice where to go/what to do, encouragement, etc., please don't hesitate to email me while you are there. Please tell Anna and the nannies that we said "Hi" and give them our love. Just a few short days and you will meet your little girl...enjoy every moment!!

M and M Nichols said...

SOOOOO excited for you all! I can't stand it! Safe travels and I look forward to hearing all about it when you return!