Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fun with Kai!






Yesterday we toured the Hoa Lo Prison, where John McCain spent time as a POW. Prisoners were subjected to torture, inhuman living conditions and execution. There was even a guillotine they had used. It was chilling, to say the least.

BUT! We have had a great couple of days with Kai! She continues to do well, and I think she has accepted the fact that we're not going anywhere.

The best news of all is that we are confirmed on flights back home next Wednesday!! WOOHOO!! I can't wait to begin our lives - at home - as a family of four. God continues to bless us!!

Here are a few pictures, including one of that AWESOME smile I told you about. We are seeing it more and more!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't get enough of these pictures! I am so thankful your trip is going so well... hurry home!

cashleysun said...

I feel the same way about getting enough. You know Wendy, you will need to update this blog frequently with pics on top of us seeing her 3 times a week (minimum) at playgroups. I am addicted to her smile and have been calling Ally Jo Kai several time! Miss you all!

cashleysun said...

One more post--Ric and I were laughing because I made the statement that I am so hoping Kai thinks I am "one of her people" so that she will come to me and love on me every time she sees me! Ha! Can't wait to hug on her and see that precious smile in person.

lala said...

I look forward to seeing these precious pictures and hearing your great news! We are so happy for y'all and can't wait to meet her! She's just beautiful and looks so happy now that she is with her Mama and Daddy. I am sure big brother is excited about the early trip home! God bless you all!
Laura Leigh

Anonymous said...

What a precious smile she has...you can already tell how content and happy she is because she knows she is loved. Loving the posts and updates...I'm addicted to waking up every morning and checking your blog first thing!! Praise the Lord you are getting to come home SO early!!! A week and a half is a whole lot better than the 31 days we ended up staying in Vietnam to bring home our Gracie!!!

Steve and Amanda said...

I am MUCH more motivated to start Wednesday playgroup up again just to see little Kai every week. It is amazing how much more special she is because of how hard it was for you to get her!!! We love her!

drulu2008 said...

OMG! Love the pics, Wendy. Kai is beautiful, adorable and divine!!!! You are clearly enjoying yourselves....as is Kai. So nice to see....so glad you are posting. We are all DYING awaiting your return!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you and that little angel!
XOXOXO!
D