Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More frustration - - -

I know, I know - - - all our readers are going to disappear because they won't be able to stand any MORE frustrating news on the adoption front! There may not even be anyone checking this blogsite anymore for updates; it's just too depressing!

Stick with us, folks, and "hang in there" (uck!)!! This WILL happen, Kai WILL eventually come home, and our family WILL be complete!!

But in the meantime....just when you think it can't get any crazier.....

Our agency's rep did meet with the People's Committee in our province (who are over the provincial officials) on Tuesday, but they refused to give her the documentation they obtained! They told her they were angry with the Embassy, and they were not going to give it to her. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Are they in KINDERGARTEN??? I can just picture them standing there with their arms crossed, saying "nah, nee, nah, nee, boo, boo"!!

We still don't know WHAT they have, but they must know that it will be helpful to our case (could it possibly be enough to satisfy the CIS?!?!?) if they're hanging on to it to spite the Embassy, right?? We do know that the police questioned the hospital officials so that's good news. I'm torn between being upset and hopeful....but GIVE ME A BREAK! We are talking about a baby here!!! I don't care if the Embassy ticked them off - - - just give us the documentation already!!

(Sorry - - - I regress - - - is it too early to have a glass of wine??)

The agency rep feels like if she gives the Committee a couple of days to calm down then cooler heads will prevail. She will ask them again for the documentation by week's end. I'm not sure I agree, but I have to see if she's right. She's a native Vietnamese after all and she understands the culture more than we do, of course. Once again....time will tell!!

I will share some happy news with you, for a change! Shawn has to go to Paris for business in a few weeks, and I'm going to go along for a long weekend (we'll purchase refundable tickets, of course, in case we get I-600 approval and get to go to Vietnam instead)!!! YAY!!! I've been to France (Marseilles), but not to Paris, so I am UBER-EXCITED to go! And we'll be there for our 7th wedding anniversary which will make it even more special!

Shawn is continuing his recovery from his back surgery, although I think it is harder than he expected it to have been. He's been at home all week recuperating but hopes to go back to work some next week. THANKS to everyone for the cards, calls, meals (Dee and Claire!) and prayers. Shawn expects he'll be a new man by next Spring!

Signing off.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You won't find me disappearing!! I stalk your blog every day in hopes of new updates! You're right...that is a pretty crazy story! It is hard to believe that the officials would be acting that way. We'll keep praying!