Monday, August 11, 2008

Just more waiting - -

We're back to playing the waiting game - - - this time to find out if Kai's birthmother can be found. Turns out, the in-country facilitator actually has to make the request of the "officers" (like police) and they have to try to find her. We have no idea how long that will take, but I'm hoping it will be pretty straightforward.

We got a lot of documents from the hospital today, on which the conflicting reports were based. It is clearly a case of she-said, he-said, and that's frustrating. At least we were able to find out some details about Kai's birth that we didn't know!

Tomorrow we have to go to Atlanta for our re-fingerprinting appointments (I guess they assume we've been out robbing banks in the last 15 months while waiting for our adoption to go through!). I wouldn't have believed they would have expired, but alas, they will. Our new 6-month travel visas arrived last week....SURELY these won't expire, too!

Thanks again to everyone for following along on this (insane!) journey - - - - just keep the faith that Kai will be home with us soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet, encouraging comment you left on my blog! I just read through your blog and I'm in awe of how positive and faithful you're managing to be. I feel like I'm failing in both. I hope you'll get resolution to Kai's investigation very, very soon and I look forward to following the rest of your journey. I'm just sorry it took so long to find you!