Thursday, June 26, 2008

My inbox is NOT my friend today - - -

Blanket apology: for anyone not in the mood to hear a rant.....move on.....don't look back...!

This week has brought on an array of emotions for me; I've officially declared that I hate watching my inbox - - - where I was previously stalking it for some glimmer of hope, some confirmation of upcoming travel plans - - - it has become a glaring reality of NO NEWS!! I actually avoid checking (not really, but I'm trying!) my overnight e-mails because the elusive I-600 approval e-mail has NOT been there!

An "e-conversation" with my agency regurgitated (sp?) the "you have to allow for 60 working days" before any inquiries can be made. They told me last week that the average time for approval is 2 months! Well, hello!!! We are now PAST THAT and I am SO trying not to FREAK OUT about it!!!!!! 2 months is NOT the same as 60 working days!! My official education never progressed beyond a 4-year bachelor's degree, but even I can do the math!! In my mind, I guess 4 -5 beyond the 60 calendar days is okay, but we are now at DAY #65 and I am frustrated!!!!!!!

I am discouraged, upset, eager, and hopeful all at the same time!!! I know it's forthcoming, but enough already!! Kai is almost 8 months old....she's doing things that we - as her family - SHOULD be seeing her doing and loving the experience of it all....instead, we are sitting idly on the other side of the world waiting for some governmental process to take place so that we can bring her home to be with her family and to start her new life with us.

What else can I say????

1 comment:

Hiking Mama said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. I have a very similar post drafted as well:) Perhaps I will post it soon....it helps ease the frustration.

I'm hoping you get your approval very soon. I know this is so hard...keep the faith.