Friday, June 20, 2008

Disappointment.....and hope!

Today is calendar day #59 (!!), but as the work week in Hanoi comes to a close (it is 6:00 p.m. there now), it seems very unlikely to receive our I-600 approval this week. I can't express how disappointed we are, but I am trying to stay positive and hopeful.

Our church's Vacation Bible School has been this week, and Austin, of course, is having a great time. I have been helping with the 1st and 2nd graders. It's funny how God gives us little blessings to get us through hard times....one of the songs the kids have been learning has as one of its lyrics: "Jesus said 'don't worry', and that's good enough for me - - I've got peace deep down inside of me". I have been singing that over, and over, and over, and over......

1 comment:

M and M Nichols said...

I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way for some good news soon!