Sunday, May 18, 2008

SCHOOL IS OUT - FOR - SUMMER!!

Yes, school is out as of last Friday, so the summer months are upon us! It was a crazy-busy week with end-of-the-school year activities, kindergarten screening, Austin's last t-ball game and party, helping paint and caulk at our church's Habitat for Humanity build, and Supper Club at our house last night!! WHEW!!

Next week begins swimming lessons and a renewed focus on some of my volunteer work....

Last weekend was another baby shower for Kai with our sweet friends in Atlanta, and man-oh-man is she spoiled already!! A million thanks to the Leechs for hosting a fun, casual cookout at their house....and to "the Amys" for all that they did to make it a really special celebration! Kai got clothes (TONS of way too cute stuff, including her first bathing suit and coverup!!), shoes, a Bumbo seat, 3!! diaper bags (long story, but thanks Pottery Barn Kids for two separate screw-ups!), sippy cups, a blankie, bibs, a book and a bib, burp cloth and onesie from a really great Atlanta company, "Little Things". We have had so much fun "playing" with it all - - - and we are humbling by the outpouring of love and support we have received from everyone!

NOT ONE WORD from US-CIS regarding I-600 approval.....I'm going to have a button made to wear that says "No, we don't know when we are going to Vietnam yet"! Seriously, I am so touched that people care enough to ask, but I feel like a broken record!! My poor inbox is checked probably, literally, a hundred times a day during the weekdays (the approval will come via e-mail). I don't check as much on the weekends, because I know the government offices are closed, but even then I keep hoping some poor overworked data entry person is having to work overtime to catch up and maybe - just maybe - will have our approval to send! Also, because of the time difference (Hanoi is 11 hours ahead of us), I really hound my inbox in the early morning and late evening hours, when they're working.

All futile efforts at this point, but I WILL know right away when I do see the approval, and I will make every attempt to notify anyone and everyone who has asked me that question.....

Today is Day 26, and working day 15 (I think).

Just keep praying for an efficient and ethical process!!

No comments: