Saturday, May 10, 2008

Is it possible??

Is it possible to miss someone that you haven't yet met?? I have a real sense of missing Kai in the same way that I would miss Austin or Shawn (after a few days, of course! :)) It's like a piece of me isn't there....I really have to stay positive and strong. I got tired of being patient waiting on updated pictures from the facilitator in Vietnam (who was at Kai's orphanage weeks ago) so I sent an e-mail BEGGING for the pictures. Apparently she can't get the photos to attach to the e-mail, but she has been and is still trying to get them to us.....I've been hounding my inbox, hoping "maybe today"! I won't give up hope that they'll come soon.....and by the way, they could send our I-600 approval, too! Today is day 18 (business day 13, although I think there was some Vietnamese holiday last week, so it could only be like 10 -11!).

It has been a busy week with end-of-school year stuff, t-ball games, and.....is everyone sitting down??.....the closet is JUST ABOUT FINISHED!!! :) Shawn was out of town for a few days this week, so I painted the walls, ceiling, door and trim. All that's left to do is hang the light fixture and install the handle!! Can you believe it?!? I bought some clothes hangers yesterday, so I'm ready to get everything in there!

We are off to Atlanta today for another shower given by my "golden friends" in Atlanta: Suzanne, Michelle, Amy P and Amy H!! I am S-O-O feelin' the love!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy, I COMPLETELY understand how you feel when you say you "miss" her. I remember feeling the exact same way and asking the exact same question. And, I know how excruciating it can be wait for an update/pictures. Hold fast...the wait will soon be over and you will be holding your little girl in your arms. This is just a season and it, too, shall pass. Praying for you! Michelle