Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Nursery Pre-Pre-Prep!

Ohmigosh!! The time has come to get the nursery ready!! But like most things, it's never just as easy as it sounds......

Long story short, when we built this house five years ago, we made the mistake of making what was a fourth bedroom into a "bonus room" and eliminated the walk-in closet to add square footage to that room. In anticipation of Kai's arrival, we need to change the existing playroom into a nursery, move Austin's room into what was the bonus room, and reconfigure the closet (split it in half, basically) in the nursery so that there is a closet for Austin's new room, too. We also need to have some unfinished storage space opened up as built-ins in that room. (Clear as mud??) Anyway! I had three contractors come and look at the work to be done (-I- thought it sounded reasonable!), but now -we've- decided to do it ourselves (can't you just hear Shawn saying "c'mon....it will be F-U-N!"??)

SO!! The last two weekends have been spent cleaning out toys (always a great time - although I highly recommend doing it when the 5-year-old is NOT there!), cleaning out the closet-in-question, going through those photos that have been sitting in the box (with "to be organized" written on the outside) for five years, and other countless activities whose end result is a house that looks like a tornado blew through!

It's making me a little crazy; I function much better when everything is orderly. Notice, I did not say spic-and-span-clean, although I like that, too, but I just need MOST things at least to be in their right spot....and at the moment, few things are! I know it will be worth it to get it all done so we can actually BEGIN the nursery itself. My parents bought us our nursery bedding for Christmas and I L-O-V-E it!! It is pastel pink, light green, chocolate brown and white in a funky, geometric print...SO cool!! You can see it on brandeedanielle.com It's called Modern Baby Girl Caffe. What I really like about it are the great textures of each of the different fabrics - - I didn't expect that when I ordered it online, but it was an awesome surprise!

I will try to post some pictures of the nursery once I actually have something to show you.........hopefully BEFORE we leave for Vietnam!! :)

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Love the bedding! Good luck with the remodel.

Steve and Amanda said...

Wendy- I found the blog. I am so excited to keep up with everything here even though I still will ask questions at playgroups! Amanda

TheVillamorFamily said...

congratualtions Wendy!! So exciting!