Friday, February 22, 2008

Progress....I guess!

Just wanted to post a quick update of the progress being made with the construction project.....we have our landline back (!!), the walls are built, and the sheetrock is in. We decided not to attempt the electrical portion of the work, and promptly called "Mr. Electric" directly from the good-old-Yellow Pages. They came out right away and did the work for a reasonable amount of money, I thought. (That's what professionals DO, right?? - - quick, easy!! - - - WHY are we doing the rest of this ourselves??)

So this weekend's projects include hanging both closet doors and taping and sanding the sheetrock.....

It's progress, I guess....

I'm just S-O-O-O ready to paint the fun colors, hang window treatments, and put up the crib with the oh-s0-cute bedding.....you know, the FUN stuff!! The stuff that makes it really feel like a baby's nursery and the stuff that makes you know that this IS happening and that our sweet little girl IS on the way!!

Oh, and BTW, I finally broke down and bought my first (of sure-to-be-many!) clothing item for Kai!! If I had had more time to shop, I feel sure it would have been dangerous. And of course, it's the most girly-girl thing I could find: a fluffy pink "Bunnies by the Bay" coat, complete with bunny ears on the hood and a silk tie!! PRECIOUS!! And at 60% off the regular price.....well....I'm SAVING, not spending, right?? :)

A big highlight of last weekend was getting in touch with a family who adopted a daughter from the same orphanage where Kai is now. They were actually there right before Kai was born...they just missed seeing her by a couple of weeks! The mom sent me some pictures of the facility and of the nannies there. She said it is very small and very poor, but that the nannies were very caring and loving. I have kept that in my heart all week, and it is a comfort to know that Kai is being nurtured and loved. I know it's not the same as the love she will get from us as her parents, but I know that God is caring for her above all else!

Hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments: